Tuesday 6 November 2012

PPP 6 TASKS. (SESSION WITH JOHN) SYNERGETIC STUDIOS

DO 6 TASKS TILL NEXT TUESDAY/13th Nov

1. Identify 5 studios/companies which you consider potentially synergistic to your personally. Write a short explanatory paragraph and reasons for each. 

  • SERIAL CUT. Tho the company is classed as image makers and they focus more on art direction but still they are a full-on working creative community which include design, photography, motion graphics and 3D design. I've been following them for quite a while  and I think one of the main reasons is that I really like the use of bright colours, of course the amazing installation work they do and  the happy feel you get after looking at their work. It's also very well crafted and highly professional (did u see the quality of the finals? mind-blowing). You can feel that they really work hard and love what they do. 
  • SNASK. (Only now I reaised that probably I like agencies that use serif typefaces for their logos). We were introduced to Snask trough John (THANK YOU) and I remember the first time I saw them on Johns computer on 'Creative Mornings' - I thought wow, so design is not just about being serious, thank GOD! I really like their playful attitude towards design and LIFE in general. I just recently finished their book and actually felt sad that it finished. I find Snask philosophy very intriguing - YES. I'm all up for hard work and having dreams and challenging yourself! But why not do it in a more FUN way?? After all it's a creative job! Not only I really like their attitude and way of life but I LOVE their 3D installations!!! And again I find myself facinated by good choice of colours, fun and chalanging and of course professional display and TYPE! Loads of HYPES for Snask!!! SNASSKYY :} (and I like Pink lies as well)
  • KOKOKAKA. Another great design studio introduced to me by John. (situated in Sweeden as well as Snask. Amazing!) Kokokaka is a really innovative and more digital design agency. They focuse  digital artwork (such as websites, videos and so on.) But they have this really innovative and as you can see (we just started learning web) ground breaking rules approach. Which I'm UP FOR! You learn rules so just you could break them! They feel like a really fun and hard working studio which is (now after the third studio, I can proudly say) one of the most important qualities in a creative studio! Hard work - no fun is just not for me. I need to be exited about things than I can do them well and no matter how much time it would take - as long as I'm HYPE - I CAN DO ANYTHING! So I think Kokokaka has just that kind of attitude: Creative, innovative and rule-breaking 
  • Sagmeister&Walsh inc. I heard about them from David and he was looking into Sagmeisters work all last year and I started looking into it as well. I have a hate and love relationship with their work. But one thing I do know that as a studio they are really experimental and challenging which I think is an amazing thing! It feels that if you go to a studio and they give you creative freedom - the work that is produced just has that special touch to it! It has an emotional bind! 
  • Julien Vallee Motion & Design. One of my MOST favorite installations were made by this studio!!! I think his work is really professional and colourful (YES! I LOVE COLOUR!) and innovative! The other thing I like that it's really HANDS ON! I love that craft side of the work and how you can still sell it and produce it as high professional graphics.
2. Identify the top choice and WHY you feel that they might have synergy with your practice  now or in the near future?
  • It's SOOOO hard to choose ONE!!! Can I go for them all? (guess will need to choose one for now). I'll choose Snask for now! (Just finished reading their book and I do agree am absolutely obsessed about them right now, everyone started hating this already in the studio, or maybe just hate me talking about them so much). First of all! I AIM FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE! Probably going to give them quite a hard time by always aiming high! Hope to bring my energy! Everywhere I'll go I'll bring my energy and not many people can actually deal with it in day to day basis - I think they could cuz they seem very energetic. Could be the 'refresher' after a hangover (I never get them anyways and don't drink anymore). Design wise if I work for people I like with the project I LOVE for clients that I treat like family, so much good energy has the potential to absolutely ROCK the project! To me it's as important what kind of people I work with! As Snask so do I share the love of installations and motion!!! I'm a hard worker and like to put extra hours into whatever I'm doing! So hopefully at teh end of the year I'll have what it takes to do it SNASK way! 
3. Is Your choice based on:
Location

Direction of Practice
The brand philosophy
Client base?
  • I think all of them together (except the location, I know I know Stockholm is amazing and beautiful, but SO COLD!!!! I don't like COLD. I like SUN). Of course the most important one has to be the brand philosophy, followed by direction of practice!

4. What if none of those is YOUR  main reason for choosing to follow this organization, what is it spacificaly?
  •  Pink lies.
    That and I like living my life not just closed in an office doing graphics. I want to go places! See people, meet people and have fun on the way. As Snask said: 'We spend so much time working why not have fun while doing it?'.
5. When considering these practices:
Please consider:

WHO they are and Who are You?
WHY are you contacting them and why they should listen?
WHAT do you want them to do next and what do you actually want?
WHY should they get back to you?
  •  They are Snask and I'm Greta. They are interesting, exiting and innovative. I'm hyperactive, passionate and like reaching for the impossible. They produce high quality, well-thought trough ideas and hands-on design. I still haven't found my niche (getting there), can make any boring project into something interesting (it's all state of mind) and LOVE installations!!!!!!
  • Because they don't know (yet) what's coming for them! If not do a placement at least get in contact with them for future collaborations. And have a fun project whiles doing that.
  • I want them to have fun and enjoy until the time is right than just take me on board for a internship.
  • Because hopefully they will be intrigued
6. Now you have identified these studios you feel synergy with. Please list 8 methods you could utilize to contact them?
  • A typographic sculpture - trough post
  • A game/puzzle - trough post
  • An animation - trough mail
  • An installation - trough post
  • Motion graphics - trough post
  • A postcard every month
  • A white pigeon with an attached message



No comments:

Post a Comment