Friday 23 March 2012

PPP. PERSONAL PRACTICE. POSTER

I did  poster for a Jazz band that are having a concert in April, they contacted me trough Facebook, that's why I stopped thinking that Facebook is only a time-waster, if You are not too addicted You can actually make the best of Facebook and share Your work with other people, my profile is public, s it means everyone can see it which I'm not too fused about, because I don't really have what to hide. Anyways it's the second time I'm doing a poster for this band and I'm happy because they came back to me it means they trust me now :> Yey :>

This is the firs one, they asked me to leave the date empty because they played in that place every week and they just needed a poster to advertise the band a bit more.


Than the second one is AmericanBrazil concert a tribute to Herbie Mann (who is actually an amazing musician). When the guy first wrote me he said that he wants a colourful and experimental poster and than after few days I received a message again saying: 'Actually we think a serious poster would suit more', so that was a big change. From playful to serious. So I looked at some jazz posters and found one modernist style jazz poster, I really liked it and it looked playful BUT serious, so I took the inspiration from that poster and created the poster in modernist style but with a touch of colourfulness and playfulness. I charged £10 for each poster, which (now) I think is a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment