Tuesday 27 September 2011

PPP1 (task1) Why Am I Here - What do I want to Learn?

1. Identify and explain 5 reasons why you chose to study on this programme:

  • It's a small course. So we'll be able to know everyone on the course in spite of the the second years and third years. That's why we'll be able to calibrate and create amazing pieces of work together and as individuals. The tutors may also know us better as individuals and they can give us individual critiques and advices.
  • It's a studio based learning environment. It's more professional than in other colleges or universities. We actually will learn how to work in groups and how to use studio spaces and workshops.So we will gain practical skills and theoretical skills together. 
  • It's intense and motivating. We have an intense work pressure but it's only for the better. We'll be able to be professionals in the path we'll choose. It's also competitive. Because we all are trying to work our best. In the end it'll pay off.
  • The course gives me opportunities to develop practical skills on adobe sweet. 
  • The uni gives an opportunity and a strong background to find  work placements. We are being thought to be professionals.

2. Identify and explain 5 things that you want to learn during your time on the programme:


  • An awareness and understanding of what is graphic design. How does it communicate the audience and how to present ideas and solutions to problems in a visual way.
  • A broad range of digital skills and the right ways/places/concepts in use them.
  • I want to learn more about type-faces and to understand how do they work in relation to salving visual problems 
  • How to use workshops (photo studio, screen printing, bonding and so on). I used to be scared of using workshops, because of the things I don't know  and being afraid to ask questions. I think in this course I won't be scared of that at all. 
  • Time managment. Not to be late at deadlines and crits. 

3. Identify and explain 5 skills that you think are your strengths:

  • Photography. I've been interested in photography for a long time now. I think I'm doing something right because people intend to get my ideas and the things I want to say trough pictures.
  • Line drawing. It's more a satisfactory of the drawing 'demon' I have inside. I'm not even sure am I good at it. I just really like it.
  • Combining image and type together. 
  • Researching stuf. I really like going beyond the obvious and looking for serious answers to simple questions.
  • I like experimenting with mixed media. It doesn't matter if it's in a digital or in a more crafty way.


4. Identify and explain 5 things that you want to improve:

  • My photography skills (understand the functions and things You should know in order to produce good quality pictures)
  • Adobe skills (quit obvious why)
  • Time management (I just want to b really good in organising my time in order to be more productive)
  • Communication skills (I have a language barrier, but I intend to to improve my writing, listening and speaking skills to the point where I don't even need to translate stuff (thoughts, sentences, phrases) from my  first language)
  • Learn to creating type-faces (I don't even know how to do that)


5. Identify and explain 5 ways that you will evaluate your progress:

  • The work I'll produce will speak loudly of my improvement. Looking trough the work that I've done earlier and the work that'll be produced in the future. Comparing. Critiquing.
  • Feedback from the tutors and course/group-mates.
  • Reflecting everything I do on my blog or in a notebook/sketchbook. Looking through it and critically  evaluating myself.


6. Identify 5 questions that you want to find the answer to:

  • How can I get a work placement?
  • How to use a professional photo-studio?
  • How to create a website?
  • How to use illustrator? 
  • How to screen-print? 

No comments:

Post a Comment