Monday 21 November 2011

DESIGN SKILLS. SELF-EVALUATION.

1. What skills have You developed  through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

ans: I have developed illustrator skills. I have never worked with illustrator before and already  feel quite confident though I know I have much to learn in the future. I also never worked on design sheets and I think it's a new skill as well. I now know how to prepare files for printing and where is the digital printing dungeon. As well I learned about different colour modes and how they can effect the final piece and how to use envelope layouts for designing and how you view them  on screen in order to print them out  logically. (when folded are in a logical viewing order)

2. What approaches to/methods of idea generation have you developed and how they informed your design development process?

ans: Well, I learned that well stated problem is half -solved. And the best way to start your idea generation is brain storming. Than researching in order to dig deep and I guess trying out ideas. We did a lot of workshops in order to start our idea generation and I think they helped a lot: linking words to simple phrases or the other way around, drawing images that describe an adjective, doing a short list research about something, searching for meanings and definitions, questioners...

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how will you address that in the future?

ans: I think I'm quite neat  and I have the patience to spend hours going into details. In the future I'm hoping to be the same, though I hope I'll improve the timing of doing stuff. Because now some things take ages to produce.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

ans:  I need to get used to working in design sheets and doing my blogging daily. Maybe improving  my time management would be useful. And organising everything - that's really important to me, because if at any point I loose my organisation skills it just becomes really hard for me to track everything down and reorganising takes me ages.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. Get used to blogging daily no matter what. Blogging really helps putting your thoughts together and also developing them by doing more research. Looking to other people work helps you start analysing and building your own understanding about graphic design.

2. Improve my illustrator skills. I think I want to learn to draw images with a Wacom tablet so that I could have more variations to produce  imagery needed for the designs, not only the pen tool.

3. In the future I will do more experimentation and variations before completing my final piece. That would develop the design further.

4. Start using the design sheets and no more sketchbook (I still have a sketchbook). The sketchbook is taking too much time to work in, the design sheet have more space and their easier to work in. Having design sheets is good for the final easement because it shows the development of your idea/design.

5. Manage my time better. If your timing is good than you will never have problems doing stuff late or being late with your final pieces or any of those.

6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas:

Attendance - 5
Punctuality - 5
Motivation - 4
Commitment - 4
Quantity of work produced - 2
Quality of work produced - 3
contribution to the group - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment